Friday, October 31, 2008

Punkin' Carvin'

From almost my first Halloween my family has had a pumpkin carving party. (I was just a couple months old my first Halloween, and don't recall any photographic evidence of said carving party).

While I don't love Halloween (I would rather stay home and answer the door than go trick or treating, much to my brother's dismay) I do love pumpkin carving.

Ok, so I like the IDEA of pumpkin carving. I don't like cleaning out the guts. I get bored before my pumpkin is clean. I also have grand ideas for carving, and the carving skills of an eight year old. (I don't have great knife skills in the kitchen either. It's a wonder I have all my fingers.)
So this Halloween was awesome!
First I found a smallish pumpkin.

Secondly, at the pumpkin party we attended, the guys were busy cleaning out pumpkins and D cleaned mine out! Woo Hoo! No guts!


I was left to execute my carving ideas on my own. I had picked something simple, but effective, so I had a fighting chance of my pumpkin not being the least artistic of the bunch.



Isn't she cute? (Pumpkin has to be a girl...look at the hairdoo!) I carved it all myself. The eyes are even similar sizes!


And she has a big mama friend. Jes' pumpkin was equally suprised.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: