Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Responsibility

With every right comes great responsibility.

I can remember the anticipation of my 18th birthday, when I would be able to vote, a very grown up, adult thing to do. My first presidential election as a legal voter happened my freshman year in college. I went to the courthouse in my hometown with great pride to be sure I took all the right steps to obtain my absentee ballot, so my vote would count.


Being given the right to vote gives us the responsibility to be sure our voice is heard. For some, this means more than others. I have friends who have been going door to door register folks. Others have been manning the phones and rallying against an issue near and dear to their heart and lives. Me? I may not engage in political banter, or shout from the mountain tops who I voted for, but I take my voting responsibility very, very seriously.



Did you?

1 comment: