Thursday, February 9, 2012

Keeping it Simple

When I decorated for Christmas I used less than 1/4 of the decorations I own.  I needed my house to seem like Christmas, but I needed it to be simple.  Not a lot of time putting things up, and not a lot of time taking them down.  I put up some of my favorites (remember the bowl of antique ornaments) and called it a day.

I don't normally decorate for Valentines Day.  It's all I can do to get Christmas put away in a timely manner.  But this year, I wanted to.  I was sure I had decorations waiting in a bin that never get put out.

I found one ornament.

One.

Then I remembered some springy wreaths I'd thrifted a while back.  

So I put them together.  

It makes me smile.

Sometimes keeping it simple is all you need.

3 comments:

vav said...

Beautiful! I love it.

julievanscoy said...

and you can keep the wreath up for Easter!!!

Boutique Girl Gifts said...

My thoughts exactly JLV!