Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thrifting in your own home

Sometimes the thriftiest things don't cost you a dime.

I "discovered" a box in the basement this week which contained various antique linens that I didn't know I had.  Admittedly, once I started looking thru the box, I did vaguely remember where these items had come from, but hadn't considered them for years, and certainly wouldn't have remembered them if I was in the market for some linens for decorating.

Here are some of my faces


How sweet is that middle one with the hand appliquéd flowers?  It's currently trying out a new spot on top of my treadle sewing machine toped with my retro "rotary" dial phone.  See that plaid pile?  That is a card table tablecloth with matching napkins which have hand embroidered scottie dogs.  CUTE!  I feel the need to have a card party...hmmm...

This hankie has got to take the cake however.
Connecticut living.  Hilarious.  I actually found TWO of these...wonder who I should gift one to?

What'd you find on your latest thrifty excursion?

No comments: